Robotics for Educators: Gamification in the classroom!
Robotics is increasingly being considered as the fourth “R” of learning, “Reading, wRriting and aRithmetic” that modern-day students must understand to succeed in a highly competitive, technology-driven world. Robotics integrates all STEM fields in a way no other subject can cover.
It is the fundamental tool used by modern classrooms to teach entertainingly and interactively: science, technology, engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Through this course, you will get acquainted with some of the most used Robotics Platforms available for today’s classroom.
The course includes four major Robotics platforms: The Edison robot, the Lego Boost kit, the Lego EV3 kit and Arduino. We will be diving into all these platforms with hands-on building and coding. We will expand on ways teachers can incorporate it into their curriculum, and we will be creating lesson plans for different disciplines. Additionally, we will be presenting platforms that include material that a teacher can utilise and enrol the students, which will earn badges improving the course’s gamification aspect upon completion of a given task or exercise.
• Robotics with Edison Robot.
• Meet the award-winning “Coding and Robotics” platform for teachers and students.
• Robotics with Lego Boost.
• Meet the “CodeSkills4Robotics” platform for teachers and students.
• Robotics with Lego Mindstorms EV3.
• Arduino circuit board
• Arduino Car Robot
• Meet the “Robot4All” platform for teachers and students.
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
• The School will gain expert teachers in the fields of Robotics.
• The School will gain access to a multiplatform set of STEM material that can be incorporated into the current curriculum.